I am not superstitious, but I can be a creature of habit. These are habits/ quirks/ rituals/ practices that I seemed to have accrued over the years, running-wise.
– Pre- run snack is always half a banana (or one small one) and a sip (only ONE) of water.
– The music- source/ iPod always goes on the left side of the waistband.
– Always wear a cap/ hood. Day or night. Regardless of the weather.
– 5 spritzes of the current running fragrance (read ‘inexpensive deodorants’). Not more, not less.
– Laps and times are always accounted for, even when running for fun. Laps are always in even numbers and times are always rounded off to the nearest zero (e.g. 40 mins rather than 37).
– Irrespective of type of trainers/ shoes worn, the laces are always tied around the ankle. Left first by habit.
– Always crave (eat) a biscuit/ cookie/ cracker after my run. Stupid I know. And counterproductive!
– Left ear bud first.
– Like sweat to drip rather than be wiped off. Makes me feel like I’m working extra- hard. Icky but true.
– Always a slow, croony ballad for warm-up.
– Always run on the left perimeter of the track, except when I have to overtake the walking-in- horizontal-formation- while gossiping group of “uncles”.
Yeah, that’s most of it. Others cannot be shared on public forums.
Any exercise- quirks you folks would like to share?
Till next time..
P.S. I do know that it WAS Monday YESTERDAY!